authentication: 3rd party

I have an OTP auth solution that runs on a set of protected servers. I want to configure my SLES server to forward my local auths (logins, both at the GNOME XWindows login prompt and ssh logins) to that auth server. Since there is no native PAM module for this third-party auth solution, the third-party auth solution has its own RADIUS server, so I would be doing RADIUS authentications when I go to login to the SLES server. But those RADIUS authentications would need to be forwarded to that other system that has the RADIUS server on it.

How do I configure my SLES server to accomplish that?

Hi haiphonghponline,

[QUOTE=haiphonghponline;22954]I have an OTP auth solution that runs on a set of protected servers. I want to configure my SLES server to forward my local auths (logins, both at the GNOME XWindows login prompt and ssh logins) to that auth server. Since there is no native PAM module for this third-party auth solution, the third-party auth solution has its own RADIUS server, so I would be doing RADIUS authentications when I go to login to the SLES server. But those RADIUS authentications would need to be forwarded to that other system that has the RADIUS server on it.

How do I configure my SLES server to accomplish that?[/QUOTE]

have you had a look at pam_radius? You then create a config file

# server[:port] shared_secret timeout (s) radiussrv.company.com secret 3
and point the pam module to your file via the “conf=” parameter…

Regards,
Jens