Can't install Perl modules for Veeam

I am trying to install the perl modules for SOAP so that I can do file level restore from a Veeam backup system on a SLES 11 SP4 server. I load “perl -MCPAN -e shell”, then at the cpan prompt type “install SOAP::Lite”.

It does some things then comes back with:

Warning: prerequisite Test::Requires 0.06 not found.
‘META_MERGE’ is not a known MakeMaker parameter name.
Writing Makefile for XML::Parser::Lite
Could not read ‘/root/.cpan/build/XML-Parser-Lite-0.722-MgImHS/META.yml’. Falling back to other methods to determine prerequisites
---- Unsatisfied dependencies detected during ----
---- PHRED/XML-Parser-Lite-0.722.tar.gz ----

also I see:

ExtUtils::MakeMaker version 6.64 required–this is only version 6.42 at Makefile.PL line 9.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 9.
Warning: No success on command[/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL]
Warning (usually harmless): ‘YAML’ not installed, will not store persistent state
TOKUHIROM/Test-Requires-0.10.tar.gz
/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL – NOT OK

Unfortunately I am not a linux guru and just know enough linux to be dangerous. What do I need to do to get SOAP installed?

Thanks,

Dan

[QUOTE=dchunt;57922]I am trying to install the perl modules for SOAP so that I can do file level restore from a Veeam backup system on a SLES 11 SP4 server. I load “perl -MCPAN -e shell”, then at the cpan prompt type “install SOAP::Lite”.

It does some things then comes back with:

Warning: prerequisite Test::Requires 0.06 not found.
‘META_MERGE’ is not a known MakeMaker parameter name.
Writing Makefile for XML::Parser::Lite
Could not read ‘/root/.cpan/build/XML-Parser-Lite-0.722-MgImHS/META.yml’. Falling back to other methods to determine prerequisites
---- Unsatisfied dependencies detected during ----
---- PHRED/XML-Parser-Lite-0.722.tar.gz ----

also I see:

ExtUtils::MakeMaker version 6.64 required–this is only version 6.42 at Makefile.PL line 9.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 9.
Warning: No success on command[/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL]
Warning (usually harmless): ‘YAML’ not installed, will not store persistent state
TOKUHIROM/Test-Requires-0.10.tar.gz
/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL – NOT OK

Unfortunately I am not a linux guru and just know enough linux to be dangerous. What do I need to do to get SOAP installed?

Thanks,

Dan[/QUOTE]
Hi
Use the zypper command to check/search the likes of perl-Test-Requires and perl-YAML can be installed via rpm first, else you should be able to install dependencies automatically via the cpan command. Have a read here: http://www.cpan.org/modules/INSTALL.html