I am unable to create a new cluster. Every time I try, I get different error messages.
Rancher version: 2.1.4
All three nodes are ubuntu 16.10 VMs, up to date with all latest packages.
I decided to “clean slate” everything:
- ‘docker stop’ everything on each node.
- ‘docker system prune -a’ on each node.
- On rancher, I deleted each node and the cluster.
I rebuilt the cluster:
- On rancher, created new cluster
- “custom” node type
- “Canal” network provider
- “custom” cloud provider
- I chose each node to serve all three roles: etcd, control plane, and worker
- I cut and paste the docker run command into each VM
- Rancher reports three nodes, but I am getting this error:
This cluster is currently Provisioning; areas that interact directly with it will not be available until the API is ready. [network] Host [10.10.55.223] is not able to connect to the following ports: [10.10.55.224:2379, 10.10.55.224:2380]. Please check network policies and firewall rules
I have deleted everything and tried this a few times, all end with error. What am I doing wrong?