Creation of VSphere RKE2 clusters using Helm templates

Has anyone had any success in using templates to create RKE2 clusters on VSphere? I’m currently running into an issue where the VMs will get created though no attempts to power up. Messaging showing that the nodes are then deleted (which never actually deletes from VSphere) and it attempts to spin up another vm.
I’ve attempted to use both of the examples referenced below along with heavily modifying one for my environment in an effort to spin up a 6 node cluster.
Any thoughts on next steps to troubleshoot? Maybe bigger issue I’m struggling with is finding detailed logs as I’d assume that I should be getting some details of the full workflow. What I hadn’t done yet is try to increase the log level on the kube-controller-manager.

Error in the log:

1 garbagecollector.go:374] error syncing item &garbagecollector.node{identity:garbagecollector.objectReference{OwnerReference:v1.OwnerReference{APIVersion:“v1”, Kind:“Secret”, Name:“test-sandbox-rke2-bootstrap-template-qsvg9-machine-bootst-40f30”, UID:“a34e351c-c2bc-4863-972c-4537e7c19862”, Controller:(*bool)(nil), BlockOwnerDeletion:(*bool)(nil)}, Namespace:“fleet-default”}, dependentsLock:sync.RWMutex{w:sync.Mutex{state:0, sema:0x0}, writerSem:0x0, readerSem:0x0, readerCount:1, readerWait:0}, dependents:map[*garbagecollector.node]struct {}{}, deletingDependents:false, deletingDependentsLock:sync.RWMutex{w:sync.Mutex{state:0, sema:0x0}, writerSem:0x0, readerSem:0x0, readerCount:0, readerWait:0}, beingDeleted:false, beingDeletedLock:sync.RWMutex{w:sync.Mutex{state:0, sema:0x0}, writerSem:0x0, readerSem:0x0, readerCount:0, readerWait:0}, virtual:false, virtualLock:sync.RWMutex{w:sync.Mutex{state:0, sema:0x0}, writerSem:0x0, readerSem:0x0, readerCount:0, readerWait:0}, owners:v1.OwnerReference{v1.OwnerReference{APIVersion:“v1”, Kind:“ServiceAccount”, Name:“test-sandbox-rke2-bootstrap-template-qsvg9-machine-bootstrap”, UID:“b8987ddb-15b3-4ed4-8233-3c96f071b50c”, Controller:(*bool)(nil), BlockOwnerDeletion:(*bool)(nil)}}}: secrets “test-sandbox-rke2-bootstrap-template-qsvg9-machine-bootst-40f30” not found

rancher/cluster-template-examples (github.com)

(30) Kubernetes Master Class: Creating RKE2 Cluster Templates - YouTube