- There are some changes to the API around machine-drivers in this release. Two fields are being renamed:
New Features (since v1.1.0-dev1)
Improved Mesos Support [Many] - Improved Mesos support for Rancher by adding the following:
- Improved the catalog templates from frameworks to longer require users to select mesos components when deploying
- Added support for Mesos in HA mode.
- Added addition UI elements to make the UX more understandable.
- Important: Mesos will require 3 hosts in order for HA mode to work correctly.
Improved Kubernetes Support [Many] - Improved Kubernetes support for Rancher by adding the following:
- Added initial Ingress Controller support. Note: If you are upgrading from a previous release, the environment will need to be deactivated and re-activated in order for ingress support to start. Please visit https://github.com/rancher/ingress-controller and http://docs.rancher.com/rancher/latest/en/kubernetes/ingress/ for more information on this feature.
- Support for Internationalization framework for UI [#1268] - The UI framework for language support is now available. Please refer to https://github.com/rancher/ui to understand how to add additional languages or to help contribute different languages to Rancher UI.
- Experimental: Vault Integration - Vault has now been added to the Rancher catalog as an option for secrets management.
Known Major Issues
- Adding hosts through DockerMachine does not work when Rancher is configured in HA [#4404] - Current workaround is to add hosts via the installing the Rancher agent directly on the host from the docker command generated from “Custom” hosts.
- Advanced routing rules for load balancers are not showing up correctly in the UI [#4914]
- Kubernetes catalog header might have stayed hidden if you didn’t remain on the waiting page after the system stack is active [#4877]
- If there were a large amount of containers, they would not show up on the host view during container event changes [#4928]
Major Bug Fixes since v1.1.0-dev1
- Fixed an issue where changing your password using local auth does not work [#4845]
- Fixed an issue where side kick containers for a Service enabled with “start_once” are shown in a Degraded state. [#4833]
- VM support is now enabled per environment rather than being a global setting. Note: Any VMs that were previously created will no longer be editable due to the change. [#4790]
- Fixed an issue where the machine drivers were being incorrectly loaded [#4563]
- Fixed an issue where the health check process were being initiated once per hour [#4554]
- Turned off mysql logging when using Rancher’s local mysql DB which was adversely affecting performance [#4556]
- Improved support for running Rancher in HA in ELB+AWS [Many]
- Fixed an issue where AgentRemovedExceptions were continuing to be generated [#4682]
- Rancher will not add a forward rule when publishing ports on host [#4323]
- __rancher-compose:__Fixed an issue where the rancher-compose CLI will not properly create services with named volumes [#4786]
- kubernetes: Updated kubectl to 1.2 in Rancher’s kubectl shell [#4381]