Failed to register client: host registered salt minion

Hi all. I was in the process of registering a SLES12.1 system as a traditional client. When I want the command at the end I got:

REGISTRATION

• registering
    rhn-plugin: Error communicating with server. The message was:

Error Message:
This system is already registered as a Salt Minion. If you want to register it as a traditional client
please delete it first via the web UI or API and then register it using the traditional tools.
Error Class Code: 48
Error Class Info:
This system is already registered as a Salt Minion. If you want to register it as a traditional client
please delete it first via the web UI or API and then register it using the traditional tools.
Explanation:
An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
persists please enter a bug report at scc.suse.com.
If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
details on how to reproduce this problem.

*** Error: Registering the system failed.

The problem is I can’t seem to unregister the system. I uninstalled salt and salt-minion from the system, but I still receive that error. I don’t know to what salt-master it is registered to, but whatever system it is we wont be using it. I only know of one old test system that was setup before I started working here and no one know how to get into it’s GUI. I can log into the old SuMa CLI, but it doesn’t even look like salt is installed.

Is there anything I can do on the client side to help the situation?

Is this a cloned VM ? Check out https://wiki.microfocus.com/index.php/SUSE_Manager/Register_Clones how to deal with this situation.

If you don’t need this system in SUSE Manager any more, delete it in the Manager Server UI,

There is a possibility that it is a clone and wasn’t properly configured to be much different from the clone. I didn’t set it up. And there is an older SuSe manager system that I can’t seem to get into the Web UI for, but I can get into the CLI. I just have to find out how to create myself an account for it.

This describes how to reset the password of the web ‘admin’ user:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2011-December/msg00090.html