FC HBA not working anymore after upgrade to SLES 11 SP4

Hi Bernd,

otherwise i will buy a new HBA

while there is money involved (and I despise shredding hardware just because some new software won’t work no longer), this actually may be the most cost-effective solution.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

Regards,
Jens

PS: What makes me wonder is why you see the same errors with the old driver: Might it be that the original SP4 driver is still used? (nah, here it goes again… I just cannot let go :wink: )

Hi Jens,

i gave it one more try. On the HP website i found a driver which seemed to match.
http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5246578&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4049

But i still didn’t suceed, although this driver made me very hopeful. I get the impression that the HBA is maybe broken.
I’m pretty sure that the old SP4 driver was not involved any longer. Before i tested a new driver i always unload the previous module, and i always renamed the directories before inserting new files/directories. I will put the HBA in another server. Maybe …

Bernd

Hi,

also the test in another server did not suceed. Although i’m pretty sure the driver should match. The HBA is labeled as “A8003A”, which is, following this guide (http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04164498.pdf?ver=11) the model HP FC2242SR DualChannel 4Gb PCIe HBA.
And following this guide
(http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5246578&swItemId=MTX_3ce7d44a327c4c7597e40c32fb&swEnvOid=4049#tab4) this driver
(10.5.158.0) supports that HBA. But it didn’t suceed.

Bernd

Hi,

i finally managed it. The HBA seemed to be broken. I got another from HP (we still had warranty for 1 month !), and this one is working. I used the driver from the HP Website.

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

are you willing to give the SP4 driver a try as well? I’d like to verify my “call for help” towards SUSE is still valid and wasn’t caused solely by a bad card…

Regards,
Jens

Hi Jens,

no problem. I will try it and give you a feedback.

Bernd

Hi Jens,

i’m very surprised. The driver from SP4 is running fine. But i’m sure that previously with SP3 the HBA was running fine and immediately after installation of SP4 it stopped running and threw errors to syslog. So the card must has been broken concurrently with the installation of SP4. Wow. What a coincidence.
Sorry, you spent a lot of time helping me. But i didn’t believe that such a coincident is possible.

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

from the message history, it looks as if the SP3 driver was more tolerant to this specific error:

I can reproduce the error with a new clean installation of SP3 and updating to sp4.

So it seems that you even tested going back to SP3, which worked, and then upgrading again, which failed.

But no matter what, it’s good to know that the SP4 driver works - which also explains why SUSE didn’t see more reports about this type of failure :slight_smile:

I’ll update my SUSE contact on this. Case closed :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Jens