FIPS 140-2 Installation SLES 13

Hi
i Need help for Installation und Konfiguration by a sles 13 Linux Server .
I dont know how make this. Can anybody me help???

thx
andy

Hi Andy,

[QUOTE=andreglatz;24277]Hi
i Need help for Installation und Konfiguration by a sles 13 Linux Server .
I dont know how make this. Can anybody me help???

thx
andy[/QUOTE]

if you send me an exact copy of your time machine, I might be able to help you :wink:

The current release is SLES11, with SLES12 seemingly around the corner. I’ve seen no trace of SLES13 yet.

Or are you asking about OpenSUSE 13.x? Then you should head over to forums.opensuse.org (you can use the same credentials as here, no need to re-register).

Best regards,
Jens

thx for our quickly replay.
iam mean sure SLESS 11 sorry for my mistake
which Information du you know from my System.
beste regards
andy

Hi Andy,

[QUOTE=andreglatz;24279]thx for our quickly replay.
iam mean sure SLESS 11 sorry for my mistake
which Information du you know from my System.
beste regards
andy[/QUOTE]

a presentation from 2012 (https://www.suse.com/events/susecon/sessions/presentations/SUSECon-2012-TT1303.pdf) shows on page 15 that you need to add “fips=1” to the boot options and suggests that it is all about the openssl stack. There’s an article available, as well: https://www.suse.com/communities/conversations/fipsified/

What are your specific needs - have you already installed SLES11SP3 and are looking for the steps to make it FIPS-conforming?

Regards,
Jens

Hi Jens
you are very quickly with your answers.
Thx for your informations I have installed SLES11SP3 with a RAID5 FIPS-140 (4 Harddisks).
I Need help to configure the FIPS-Method to this System. I unknown the steps to Installation und configuration this.
sorry for my bad bad bad english !!!

bg
andy

Hi Andy,

I Need help to configure the FIPS-Method to this System.

so it sounds as if the linked documents ought to help. I have no direct FIPS experience, but from reading it seems to boil down to setting the boot parameter “fips=1”.

Regards,
Jens

Hi Jens,
ok i will see :slight_smile:
thx for your help :slight_smile:
bg
andy