GUI Crash

Hi

I seem to be having a problem with SUSE in which the GUI seems to crash and the words and icons within the GUI dont display any more. Though the rest of the GUI will still be showing. This happens quite often and requires me to reboot to fix the problem. Any idea on how to resolve the issue?

Regards
Matt

[QUOTE=matdehaast;27261]Hi

I seem to be having a problem with SUSE in which the GUI seems to crash and the words and icons within the GUI dont display any more. Though the rest of the GUI will still be showing. This happens quite often and requires me to reboot to fix the problem. Any idea on how to resolve the issue?

Regards
Matt[/QUOTE]

To help others help you, it would help if you provided some more detail.

Which version of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server are you using?

Which Desktop Environment are you using?

Can you get a screenshot of the issue when it occurs, upload it somewhere (e.g. http://paste.opensuse.org) and post a link?

Have you seen the issue occur with just one user or multiple users? If just one, try creating a new user and see I the issue odd ocurs when logged in as that.

Is there a particular thing you can do that always triggers the issue? Or is there a particular thing you do that often triggers it, or is it seemingly random?

There may be a clue in ~/.xsession-errors