Help importing cluster

Greetings,

I successfully created a new 3 node cluster with RKE in Vultr. My machines in Vultr have private network interfaces that connect to a VPN into another network where I have a second k8s cluster running Rancher. I’m trying to import the Vultr cluster into Rancher, but it never gets past “This cluster is currently Pending ; areas that interact directly with it will not be available until the API is ready.”

How can I debug this?

Thanks,
–cro

kubectl logs --namespace cattle-system <name of pod> was helpful, but I don’t know what to do with the error message I see there:

level=error msg="Failed to connect to proxy" error="x509: certificate signed by unknown authority"

I don’t know how to get the CA certificate out of the new cluster and add it to Rancher so it will recognize certs.

I am wondering if this post is somewhat related: Kubernetes Fake Certificate are used instead of custom defined self-signed certs - cluster fails to work

I did not create different certificates, but I did create the two clusters at different times.

Hi cro. Check my latest post in the thread you linked above. It shows you how to check the certificate.

1 Like