How to cancel tune2fs-m reserved space set

I want to cancel tune2fs-m set of reserved space, but does not know how to operate.
Use tune2fs-m set lv partition retention capacity, when the LV partition size enlarged, but remain unchanged reserved space, you need to reboot the system, the value of the reserved space will be enlarged with LV space to expand.
There is a good workaround for this, ladies and Engineering?

Hi andyleigood,

[QUOTE=andyleigood;15332]I want to cancel tune2fs-m set of reserved space, but does not know how to operate.
Use tune2fs-m set lv partition retention capacity, when the LV partition size enlarged, but remain unchanged reserved space, you need to reboot the system, the value of the reserved space will be enlarged with LV space to expand.
There is a good workaround for this, ladies and Engineering?[/QUOTE]

I haven’t tested this, but would assume that you need to re-mount the file system to put the changes into effect. Of course, rebooting the system will also cause the re-mount to occur :wink:

As the thread subject is “how to cancel tune2fs…” I wonder what exactly you’re after - you cannot “cancel” the operation, as tune2fs writes the requested value into the file system’s administrative information block… you can only “roll forward” by writing the original value.

As a rule of thumb, modifiying a mounted file system is always something that should only be done with a great deal of caution. “Live resize” i.e. is a feature that was explicitly added to the file system functionality, but other changes may take a remount to take effect or may even crash the FS when applied to a “live” (AKA “mounted”) file system.

Regards,
Jens