how to download SLES15 SP1 successful?

i download SLES15 sp1.iso from suse.com ,it always failed at 30%.so sad!what should i do else?

Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
How are you downloading the iso image and which one?

I would suggest using wget (and the continue option) if your having issue with a browser based download.

There are various ISOs available for download relating to SLES15 SP1 so 30% could mean MBs or GBs.

In addition to Malcolm’s questions, which OS are you using and where are you trying to save the file(s) to? Perhaps the OS and/or download method you’re using uses a temporary directory before the file is saved (moved) to the required download location and the temporary directory doesn’t have enough free space?

HTH.

Hello

I have exactly same problem, but only on Packages second ISO file.

Getting SLE-15-SP1-Installer-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso goes well (from cdn.microfocus.com)
Getting SLE-15-SP1-Packages-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso causes this problem even on Linux/Firefox or Windows/Edge or Windows/IE11, it always fails at 54% for me (=~ 4.22 GiB)

Tried with wget, but from cdn.microfocus.com this is not easy, and not sure this is feasible ^^

[QUOTE=glannegrand;58219]Hello

I have exactly same problem, but only on Packages second ISO file.

Getting SLE-15-SP1-Installer-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso goes well (from cdn.microfocus.com)
Getting SLE-15-SP1-Packages-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso causes this problem even on Linux/Firefox or Windows/Edge or Windows/IE11, it always fails at 54% for me (=~ 4.22 GiB)

Tried with wget, but from cdn.microfocus.com this is not easy, and not sure this is feasible ^^[/QUOTE]
Hi
That’s a file system limitation, what are you downloading it to a fat device? Use exfat or even ntfs.

Using wget is feasible but not easy - I use the cliget add-on to Mozilla Firefox to capture the URL (with -b added for background) then paste that into a terminal window.

HTH.

A sidestep from the original post but can anyone confirm if the current downloadable
[FONT=Courier New]SLE-15-SP1-Installer-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD2.iso[/FONT]
from SUSE is
a: bootable
b: valid for upgrading offline a minimal SLES15 on its own.

I have downloaded several times and verified the checksum.
System does not want to boot from it but can boot from
[FONT=Courier New]SLE-15-SP1-Installer-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso[/FONT]

[QUOTE=stumacgee;58260]A sidestep from the original post but can anyone confirm if the current downloadable
[FONT=Courier New]SLE-15-SP1-Installer-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD2.iso[/FONT]
from SUSE is
a: bootable
b: valid for upgrading offline a minimal SLES15 on its own.

I have downloaded several times and verified the checksum.
System does not want to boot from it but can boot from
[FONT=Courier New]SLE-15-SP1-Installer-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso[/FONT][/QUOTE]
Hi
DVD2 is the source, you need DVD1… It’s only the installer, for offline you would need to download the packages DVD (SLE-15-SP1-Packages-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso) and add the iso image as a local repository during the install.

How did you create the boot medium (cd, usb etc)?