How to download the google-guest-agent packages for SLES15 SP5 Default kernel version

I have SLES15 SP5 which I downloaded by creating a free version SUSE account.
I am looking for the google-agents packages google-guest-agent-20230601.00-150000.1.37.1.x86_64.rpm and its dependencies packages to download and enable the google agents feature on SLES15 SP5. I do not have access to scc.suse.com or LTSS. How can I download the same package which is required for SLES15 SP5 version.

@prmjh4 there is no ‘free’ version SUSE account, perhaps an openSUSE one? Anyway they are in the Public Cloud module which you should be able to add.

I have a default SLES15 SP5 but I do not have access to SLES15 package support from SUSE, so I want a source that could help me with the original rpm files that are used in SLES15 SP5 for google-guest-agent and related feature. Below are the repositories that are in the VM
linux-qn33:~ # zypper ls

| Alias | Name | Enabled | GPG Check | Refresh | Type

–±-----------------------------------±----------------------------------±--------±----------±--------±------
1 | Basesystem-Module_15.5-0 | sle-module-basesystem | Yes | (r ) Yes | No | rpm-md
2 | Desktop-Applications-Module_15.5-0 | sle-module-desktop-applications | Yes | (r ) Yes | No | rpm-md
3 | SLES15-SP5 | SLES15-SP5 | Yes | (r ) Yes | No | rpm-md
4 | SLES15-SP5-15.5-0 | SLES15-SP5-15.5-0 | Yes | (r ) Yes | No | rpm-md
5 | Server-Applications-Module_15.5-0 | sle-module-server-applications | Yes | (r ) Yes | No | rpm-md

How can I add the Public cloud Module repository in my VM

@prmjh4 using SUSEConnect is the way in SLE SUSEConnect -p sle-module-public-cloud/15.5/x86_64

linux-qn33:~ # SUSEConnect -p sle-module-public-cloud/15.5/x86_64
Please register your system using the --regcode parameter, or provide the --url parameter to register against SMT.

As told earlier that I have SLES15 SP5 on trail account. So this is not registered.

@prmjh4 when you downloaded the image, at the very bottom of the screen you can get the registration key…

See this recent thread https://forums.rancher.com/t/where-to-get-registration-code-for-sles-15-4-ha/42112/2

Successfully registered system
pj-sles15-sp5-ext4-test:~ # SUSEConnect -p sle-module-public-cloud/15.5/x86_64
Registering system to SUSE Customer Center

Updating system details on https://scc.suse.com

Activating sle-module-public-cloud 15.5 x86_64 …
→ Adding service to system …
→ Installing release package …

Successfully registered system
pj-sles15-sp5-ext4-test:~ # zypper ls

| Alias | Name | Enabled | GPG Check | Refresh | Type

–±-------------------------------------------±-------------------------------------------±--------±----------±--------±------
1 | Basesystem_Module_15_SP5_x86_64 | Basesystem_Module_15_SP5_x86_64 | Yes | ---- | Yes | ris
2 | Public_Cloud_Module_15_SP5_x86_64 | Public_Cloud_Module_15_SP5_x86_64 | Yes | ---- | Yes | ris
3 | Python_3_Module_15_SP5_x86_64 | Python_3_Module_15_SP5_x86_64 | Yes | ---- | Yes | ris
4 | SUSE_Linux_Enterprise_Server_15_SP5_x86_64 | SUSE_Linux_Enterprise_Server_15_SP5_x86_64 | Yes | ---- | Yes | ris
5 | Server_Applications_Module_15_SP5_x86_64 | Server_Applications_Module_15_SP5_x86_64 | Yes | ---- | Yes | ris
6 | Basesystem-Module_15.5-0 | sle-module-basesystem | Yes | (r ) Yes | No | rpm-md
7 | Desktop-Applications-Module_15.5-0 | sle-module-desktop-applications | Yes | (r ) Yes | No | rpm-md
8 | SLES15-SP5-15.5-0 | SLES15-SP5-15.5-0 | Yes | (r ) Yes | No | rpm-md
9 | Server-Applications-Module_15.5-0 | sle-module-server-applications | Yes | (r ) Yes | No | rpm-md

Thanks a lot @malcolmlewis1 the suggested process helped me download the module required to download the google guest related packages.
Although, the packages are not showing any status on GPG Check, how can I do the GPG Check for those installed packages and what is ris type means which is shown for the newly added module.
Thanks again!

@prmjh4 use zypper lr -E which is list repository rather than list services (ls). As to type ris, not sure…

Oh ok and one last query that I can not find the package rpm file for the google-cloud-ops-agent for SLES SP5 VM neither on scc.suse.com nor else where can I look for that apart from the GCP documentation where they ask to manually run a script to download the package.
Thanks!

@prmjh4 looks like you need to build locally then… https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/ops-agent

Yes, I saw this github repo but I am not sure how to use this for our purpose for SLES15 SP5 as I am new to it.

@prmjh4 you would need to clone the repo and build, I see there is a rpm spec file to build as a rpm…

@malcolmlewis1 OK I’ll try but if possible can you share any reference which I can use to follow the above process without missing any steps.

Thanks a lot @malcolmlewis1

@prmjh4 you need to have git and go installed, then clone the repo (for whatever reason, they want you to be root user to build, or modify there script to build as your user).

zypper in git go
git clone https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/ops-agent.git
cd ops-agent
./build.sh

You will then need to look at manually installing the binary and systemd services.

RIS = Repository Index Service

See openSUSE:Standards Repository Index Service - openSUSE Wiki and for more information on RIS see openSUSE:Standards Repository Index Service - openSUSE Wiki .

This category is for discussing Rancher Setup; I’ve moved this thread to a more appropriate topic.