Is SLES free?

Hello,

May I ask, if I download SLES DVD or other SUSE product’s DVD and install and use it forever for commercial usage, without any subscription with SUSE, is it legal? or will it like Red hat that people cannot use RHEL without subscription for commercial usage even don’t use Red Hat’s support?

Thank you.
Best regards,

[QUOTE=suseoes;59125]Hello,

May I ask, if I download SLES DVD or other SUSE product’s DVD and install and use it forever for commercial usage, without any subscription with SUSE, is it legal? or will it like Red hat that people cannot use RHEL without subscription for commercial usage even don’t use Red Hat’s support?

Thank you.
Best regards,[/QUOTE]
Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
Your better off to get a Free One year Developer subscription to have access to updates etc, likewise to install.
https://www.suse.com/subscriptions/developer/

It will run for sure, but no updates will leave the system vulnerable…

Hi, thank you for your kindly suggestion.

So,

1. for my question, your answer is yes.
  2. For developer subscriptions, it says Evaluation Copy. So can we use it for commercial usage?
    Anyway, it looks like a real good option for developer to focus on solution development. That’s great. Thank you SUSE!

Thanks. :smiley:

[QUOTE=suseoes;59127]Hi, thank you for your kindly suggestion.

So,

1. for my question, your answer is yes.
  2. For developer subscriptions, it says Evaluation Copy. So can we use it for commercial usage?
    Anyway, it looks like a real good option for developer to focus on solution development. That’s great. Thank you SUSE!

Thanks. :D[/QUOTE]
Hi
No, I’m saying it will keep running, as in won’t just stop working :wink:

You would need to seek a legal opinion with the terms of the license you agree to on install…

I’m sure with the developer license you can evaluate all your software for fitness of use etc with the operating system and stay up to date.

[QUOTE=suseoes;59125]Hello,

Thank you.
Best regards,[/QUOTE]

These forums are “staffed” by volunteers and not officially by employees. I suggest that you contact SUSE for an official response - please see https://www.suse.com/contact/

HTH.