Is there a way to have rancher send the cert and not the webapps?

Okay so here is my problem…
I have a webserver app running tomcat. We need to deploy it so customers can use it. We want it secure, but we don’t want to have to push a cert every time we want to deploy or when the cert is invalid to the web app. I have seen that rancher has a cert tab. So can we just use that and just have the web server be plain old HTTP and let rancher do the heavy lifting on ssl. Or do i have to make the web app use ssl… Also is it easy to set it up so that we can update the cert in a flash or do we need to manually change it. Thanks!

Ingress could do the ssl termination… so you don’t need to inject cert inside your container at each deployement…

configure your ingress(workload -> load balancing tab in rancher) to use a certificate (from the certificate tab) and add the hostname that you would use(multiple in case of a wildcard or multi host certificate) … and you’re done for an http only backend…

if your application is HTTPS you need to add the “nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/secure-backends=true” annotation to made it work.

Stonedge