Issue accessing endpoints of deployments

Hello, I am a beginner here and so some patience would be appreciated. I am having some troubles accessing endpoints of deployments and making them visible on my network. Here is a little bit more about my problem.

I have rancher running on a Ubuntu virtual machine hosted by a machine running proxmox (10.0.0.32). I am attempting to access services from the cluster on my workstation. I was able to access the dashboard for rancher no problems, and I think that rancher as a service seems to be working correctly as I see no errors in the docker container that look like they pertain to what I am doing, just azure related issues. I was having a very hard time getting the nodeports to function correctly and I came across this post which had some useful information and I am now following the advice of running rancher and the agent on a single cluster. I have that set up now I can access the dashboard through https://10.0.0.32:8443/. The problems arise when trying to connect to a deployed service’s endpoint. As I mentioned before, I am not entirely sure I have set up the nodeport correctly. Here is my current setup:

To test connecting to endpoints for services I am simply adding a deployment for a pod containing the NGINX latest image along with a nodeport to see if I get any output.

K8 details:

Here is my command used to run rancher:
sudo docker run -d --privileged --restart=unless-stopped -p 8080:80 -p 8443:443 -p 31258:31258 -v /opt/rancher:/var/lib/rancher rancher/rancher:latest

With the above set up I am unable to access nodeIP:31258 or 10.0.0.32:31258.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance & sorry if I did not provide enough details - I would be happy to provide more information.

Hi,
You don’t need to open port 31258 with the rancher.
Open your deployment of the new-test then find the Port, then select ClusterIP - Save it!
You will find in the Service Discovery - Service your deployment name with port that you open.
Next, go to Ingresses above the Service, and you need to create the domain that you want to access from outside cluster.
Select the namespace that you deploy the new-test.
Fill the rule forms:
Requested Host is the name that you want to access from your browser, if you don’t have DNS server, you can put the name in your /etc/hosts file that pointing to the rancher. I assume you just using your rancher as deployment, not built in new cluster… :slight_smile:
Fill the prefix using /
Select your target service, it will be show the service in the same namespace at the first you create the ingress.
It will be automatic show the port that you save from the deployment port and reflected to the Services.
Don’t forget to save your config…
Open your browser to the name of the requested host that you already filled.
That the concept of inggress vhost and you just connect using name, not IP.

Regards,
Fadjar