Issue mounting NFS exports through rancher-nfs

Hi,

Using rancher 1.6.0 (Cattle)/ rancher-nfs v0.6.5, I’m trying to use rancher-nfs volume in one stack.
When activating the container from the newly created stack it ends up with an error:

Expected state running but got error: Error response from daemon: create ghostlib: VolumeDriver.Create: Failed mount -o rw,nfsvers=4 10.32.2.13:/export/rancher/ /tmp/a5m0s: mount.nfs: Protocol not supported)

I have tried to mount from host using exact same command and it works fine.
Could not find any more interesting info, the rancher-nfs plugin logs keep on repeating this:

level=error msg=create.response error="Failed mount -o rw,nfsvers=4 10.32.2.13:/export/rancher/ /tmp/x72bl: mount.nfs: Protocol not supported"

Anyone having any advice/idea?

Thanks

1 Like

Does your NFS server support NFSv4?

Yes it does as I could mount it from the host running the container. I used the same command: mount -o rw,nfsvers=4 10.32.2.13:/export/rancher/ /tmp/a5m0s

Hi @mch1307,
I am having the same issue. Did you solved it?

mysql (Expected state running but got error: Error response from daemon: create nfs-vol: VolumeDriver.Create: Failed mount -o ,nfsvers=4 X.X.64.167:/var/nfs/general /tmp/yl63o)

I used the same provided command and run it on a linux client and it works.

$ sudo mount -o ,nfsvers=4 X.X.64.167:/var/nfs/general /mnt/nfs
$ df -h | grep nfs
X.X.64.167:/var/nfs/general  109G  1.3G  102G   2% /mnt/nfs

There lots of similar comments on Rancher volume plugins that don’t work (both EBS and NFS).