LIO iSCSI unable to login

Has anyone got sles12 LIO iSCSI target to work. I have used YAST to set up the target with 2 target drives, but am unable to get a sles11 server to connect. From the command line, I get an unable to login result. I have set up no login required, and the initiator name has been input when setting up the target, with no authentication set. The sles11 server will connect fine with another sles11, but it is the LIO iSCSI on SLES12 which is causing me problems.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards

ChasR.

Hi ChasR,

while I’ve not yet had the time to try LIO in SLES12, here’s a typical question: Is there anything related in the logs on the SLES12 machine?

Regards,
Jens

Just had a thought:
When it asks for the initiator computer in the target setup screen, I was following the SLES12 manual, and assumed that it was the dns name, which I entered. I now think that is is the name of the initiator (ir: etc) which is shown in the YAST initiator setup. I am off site at the moment, but will try this later tonight. I think that this will be the solution top the problem, as the wrong name will give this unable to login result.

Will post the result later.

Regards

ChasR.

My thoughts yesterday were correct. You need to enter the name showing on the first page of the YAST initiator setup into the site name requred when setting up the target discs with the lun mappings. After which the initiator connects fine.

Regards

ChasR

Hi ChasR,

thank you for sharing your success including the helpful details!

Regards,
Jens