Mail server outgoing

Hi

I configured mail server from yast and its working good on my network but now i need to configure to send mail from my local mail to gmail or hotmail or any mail . So how to that.

Regards

On 22/11/2014 14:44, linuxformat wrote:
[color=blue]

I configured mail server from yast and its working good on my network
but now i need to configure to send mail from my local mail to gmail or
hotmail or any mail . So how to that.[/color]

If you have configured an outgoing SMTP mail server you can add an alias
to /etc/aliases of the form “username: email@example.com” (note colon
after username) so that mail sent to the local username will be
redirected to email@example.com. After editing /etc/aliases you should
run the “newaliases” command.

You may also want to add the same information to
/etc/postfix/sender_canonical though note the format is “username
email@example.com” (no colon after username). After editing run “postmap
/etc/postfix/sender_canonical”.

HTH.

Simon
SUSE Knowledge Partner

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.

Hi linuxformat,

[QUOTE=linuxformat;25041]Hi

I configured mail server from yast and its working good on my network but now i need to configure to send mail from my local mail to gmail or hotmail or any mail . So how to that.

Regards[/QUOTE]

do you mean that you’re running your own mail server on the machine, or have you set it up to use some other MTA? If the former, how did you set things up (null client? Some MTA configuration?) and how’s the general environment you’re running your server in - do you have some central mail server (MTA) that would take care of things? Do you instead have to connect your MTA to “the Internet” and if so, is a separate firewall involved?

If you’re running your own MTA (no null client to some other MTA), then it might require no more than the proper setup of the transport map. Especially if you need to use an upstream MTA (i.e. operated by your Internet provider).

Regards,
Jens

Yes Mr. smflood it is working good now i can send mail from any user to gmail so i can do that now the same thing with Hotmail or yahoo .

Yes Mr. jmozdzen i configured mail server on my server and all my users on the network can send and receive mails by client like outlook, Thunderbird on the network.

Regards