Please, Save me. Mail Server Config on SLES Sp2

:confused:

Hello all,

Today i’ve been installed a new server SLES in my network.

The Server have 2 Network card, one for external ip (Firewall), one for internal DHCP.

All goes fine,

LDAP configured
DNS configured
DHCP configured
SAMBA configured
FIREWALL configured

but now, (tried to reinstall the sles 2 times) on MAIL setting, using Yast2 advanced mode, when i open the Tool, sles inform me that

no one main domain was set.

Ok, no problem, i go to domain setting and set “main” the domain.com item.
done all then when i click over Finish, Yast stop working on last item and tell me a thing that sounds as “Error, impossible write the domain of mailserver”

Dns war right configured, reversing zone and zone seems to be ok (1.168.192.in-addr.arpa) (domain.com) and in dns the ns and rx is mail.domain.com.
in SAMBA the domain is domain.com
as host in external ip network card.

i i restart the yast-mail module nothing was saved.

PLEASE HELP ME, I DON’T KNOW HOW CAN DO MORE

Hello all,

Today i’ve been installed a new server SLES in my network.

The Server have 2 Network card, one for external ip (Firewall), one for internal DHCP.

All goes fine,

LDAP configured
DNS configured
DHCP configured
SAMBA configured
FIREWALL configured

but now, (tried to reinstall the sles 2 times) on MAIL setting, using Yast2 advanced mode, when i open the Tool, sles inform me that

no one main domain was set.

Ok, no problem, i go to domain setting and set “main” the domain.com item.
done all then when i click over Finish, Yast stop working on last item and tell me a thing that sounds as “Error, impossible write the domain of mailserver”

Dns war right configured, reversing zone and zone seems to be ok (1.168.192.in-addr.arpa) (domain.com) and in dns the ns and rx is mail.domain.com.
in SAMBA the domain is domain.com
as host in external ip network card.

i i restart the yast-mail module nothing was saved.

[/QUOTE]

I don’t know where the error is coming from. But if you are using postfix, you can also configure the main.cf and master.cf directly in the /etc/postfix folder.

Another suggestion is to rename those two files (/etc/postfix/main.cf and /etc/postfix/master.cf) and rerun the YaST tool to see if the configuration files are rewritten correctly.

-Willem