Migration SP2 to SP3

HI all,

I’m using SLED-11-SP2, I’ve found that SLED-11-SP3 is in download section

Can anyone know any information about the auto migration from SP2 to SP3, like last time SUSE provided the migration from SP1 to SP2 using Yast/Software Management

naren bishayee wrote:
[color=blue]

I’m using SLED-11-SP2, I’ve found that SLED-11-SP3 is in download
section

Can anyone know any information about the auto migration from SP2 to
SP3, like last time SUSE provided the migration from SP1 to SP2 using
Yast/Software Management[/color]

Please see section 8.6 “Updating SLE 11 SP2 to SLE 11 SP3” of the
Deployment Guide for SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 @
https://www.suse.com/documentation/sled11/book_sle_deployment/data/sec_update_sle11sp2.html

HTH.

Simon
SUSE Knowledge Partner

Thanks Simon,

When I run ‘suse_register’, I found that the system is expired, next I update the new subcription key using ‘Yast->Novell Customer center Configuration’.
I also checked again to run the ‘suse_register’ & it show me system successfully registered.

Next I run wagon, and after some click, It didn’t detect any Migration from SP2 to SP3.

Can you tell me, if SUSE already provide that or something problem on my registration or something else.

Hi

Several times I run wagon, but it didn’t find any migration from SP2 to SP3,

Can you help me to do this, I dont want to download the SLED11SP3 iso.

[QUOTE=naren_bishayee;14312]Hi

Several times I run wagon, but it didn’t find any migration from SP2 to SP3,

Can you help me to do this, I dont want to download the SLED11SP3 iso.[/QUOTE]

I can’t see the migration product either. As far as I can tell the relevant packages simply aren’t in the repos yet.

Thanks Mikewills,

Hope SUSE will take care that issue (online migration from SP2 to SP3)

Just bumping the thread. I’m seeing the same issue, via wagon and zypper; the two methods described in the deployment guide.

Hi All,

I’ve successfully Migrated to SP3 from SLED-11 SP2.

Thanks to the SUSE Team.

Excellent :slight_smile:

For reference a new TID about migration to SP3 was published about 23 hours ago:
http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7012368

Hi mikewillis,

Can you look at the “SLED Networking” forum section, I’ve some problem with my broadcom wl card driver.
Previously malcolmlewis help me. After migration I can’t use my wifi, please have a look that forum.

Thanks.