SLES 11 SP3-Migration patch not yet available via SMT?

Hello together,

i’ve tried to upgrade my SLES SP2 to SP3 via my SMT, but i didn’t receive the SP3-Migration Patch/Product in my YastOnlineUpdate-Tool/Zypper and my WAGON has also no upgrades for me. My SMT has mirrored all necessary Update-Channels for SP3 (Pool, Updates, SDK etc.).

Is the Migration-Patch not yet published or what i’m doing wrong?! :confused:
It would be nice if you can give me a hind.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I have been told the SLED migration patch is not yet published and it looks like the same is true for SLES. I also mirror repos via SMT and do not see the SLES SP3 migration product.

[QUOTE=chrbusse;14404]Hello together,

i’ve tried to upgrade my SLES SP2 to SP3 via my SMT, but i didn’t receive the SP3-Migration Patch/Product in my YastOnlineUpdate-Tool/Zypper and my WAGON has also no upgrades for me. My SMT has mirrored all necessary Update-Channels for SP3 (Pool, Updates, SDK etc.).

Is the Migration-Patch not yet published or what i’m doing wrong?! :confused:
It would be nice if you can give me a hind.

Thanks! :)[/QUOTE]

chrbusse,

There has been an official internal statement from SUSE that the upgrade migration package process was having technical issues. However, the ISO has been released as a gold image.

You can upgrade via ISO but not utilizing the migration package for the time being.

The word (or time release within this internal memo) said release date should be NO LATER than end of July.

As it was already mentioned, this is a known issue and our engineers are actively working on the solution.

We’ll inform you when this will be available.

Hello sarsene,

thank you for your information.
The Migration-Patch “slessp2-SLES-for-VMware-SP3-Migration” is now available. :slight_smile:

This post can be closed now.
Thank you! :slight_smile: