missing dependency - SLED 15.1

Hello,

just for information.

I tried to install pass (password-store). It needs the tree.
I cant find it in the SLED 15.1 repos.

sudo zypper install password-store
Dienst 'Basesystem_Module_15_SP1_x86_64' wird aktualisiert.
Dienst 'Desktop_Applications_Module_15_SP1_x86_64' wird aktualisiert.
Dienst 'Development_Tools_Module_15_SP1_x86_64' wird aktualisiert.
Dienst 'Python_2_Module_15_SP1_x86_64' wird aktualisiert.
Dienst 'SUSE_Linux_Enterprise_Desktop_15_SP1_x86_64' wird aktualisiert.
Dienst 'SUSE_Linux_Enterprise_Workstation_Extension_15_SP1_x86_64' wird aktualisiert.
Dienst 'SUSE_Package_Hub_15_SP1_x86_64' wird aktualisiert.
Repository-Daten werden geladen...
Installierte Pakete werden gelesen...
Paketabhängigkeiten werden aufgelöst...

Problem: tree >= 1.7.0 benötigt von password-store-1.7.3-bp151.1.1.noarch wird nirgends zur Verfügung gestellt
 Lösung 1: password-store-1.7.3-bp151.1.1.noarch nicht installieren
 Lösung 2: password-store-1.7.3-bp151.1.1.noarch durch Ignorieren einiger Abhängigkeiten brechen

So i installed tree form a opensuse 15.1 package and after that the password-store package.

with kind regards.

mj

Hi
I’ve pinged my Package Hub SUSE Contact to look at the missing dependency :wink:

Hi!

[QUOTE=michijahn;59783]Hello,

just for information.

I tried to install pass (password-store). It needs the tree.
I cant find it in the SLED 15.1 repos.

sudo zypper install password-store
Dienst 'SUSE_Linux_Enterprise_Workstation_Extension_15_SP1_x86_64' wird aktualisiert.

Problem: tree >= 1.7.0 benötigt von password-store-1.7.3-bp151.1.1.noarch wird nirgends zur Verfügung gestellt
 Lösung 1: password-store-1.7.3-bp151.1.1.noarch nicht installieren
 Lösung 2: password-store-1.7.3-bp151.1.1.noarch durch Ignorieren einiger Abhängigkeiten brechen

So i installed tree form a opensuse 15.1 package and after that the password-store package.

with kind regards.

mj[/QUOTE]

tree package seems to be available from the server module:

Information for package tree:                                                                                                                                                                                      
-----------------------------                                                                                                                                                                                      
Repository     : SLE-Module-Server-Applications-Product                                                                                                                                                            
Name           : tree                                                                                                                                                                                              
Version        : 1.7.0-1.30                                                                                                                                                                                        
Arch           : x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                            
Vendor         : SUSE LLC <https://www.suse.com/>                                                                                                                                                                  
Support Level  : Level 3                                                                                                                                                                                           
Installed Size : 109.8 KiB                                                                                                                                                                                         
Installed      : No                                                                                                                                                                                                
Status         : not installed                                                                                                                                                                                     
Source package : tree-1.7.0-1.30.src                                                                                                                                                                               
Summary        : File listing as a tree                                                                                                                                                                            
Description    :                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    Tree is a recursive directory listing command that produces a depth                                                                                                                                            
    indented listing of files, which is colorized ala dircolors if the                                                                                                                                             
    LS_COLORS environment variable is set and output is to tty

hence it cannot be included in Package Hub.

Hello and thank you,

but in sled i can choose only these modules:

SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 15 SP1 x86_64
SUSE Package Hub 15 SP1 x86_64
Basesystem Module 15 SP1 x86_64
Desktop Applications Module 15 SP1 x86_64
Development Tools Module 15 SP1 x86_64
Python 2 Module 15 SP1 x86_64
SUSE Cloud Application Platform Tools Module 15 SP1 x86_64

No server module so far.

What can i do now?

And i got another missing dependency with filezilla, i already have it with displaycal…

>>> sudo zypper in filezilla                                                                                                         

Problem: libwx_baseu-suse.so.3()(64bit) benötigt von filezilla-3.31.0-bp151.3.1.x86_64 wird nirgends zur Verfügung gestellt          
 Lösung 1: filezilla-3.31.0-bp151.3.1.x86_64 nicht installieren
 Lösung 2: filezilla-3.31.0-bp151.3.1.x86_64 durch Ignorieren einiger Abhängigkeiten brechen                                         

Wählen Sie aus den obigen Lösungen mittels Nummer oder brechen Sie (a)b [1/2/a/d/?] (a): a

mj

[QUOTE=michijahn;59795]Hello and thank you,

but in sled i can choose only these modules:

SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 15 SP1 x86_64
SUSE Package Hub 15 SP1 x86_64
Basesystem Module 15 SP1 x86_64
Desktop Applications Module 15 SP1 x86_64
Development Tools Module 15 SP1 x86_64
Python 2 Module 15 SP1 x86_64
SUSE Cloud Application Platform Tools Module 15 SP1 x86_64

No server module so far.
[/QUOTE]

The Server-Applications module is only available with a SLES subscription. Since we share Package Hub across several products including SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and Desktop, it’s a known issue that some packages can’t be installed either on the Server product or the Desktop product because of dependencies on the packages only delivered in the other product.

It’s not an easy issue for us to solve. We decided to provide Package Hub for SLED even though some packages are not installable because there is still benefit based on the packages that can be installed. We will continue to work on options to make this cleaner solution for users.

One option is to use SUSE Linux Enterprise Server plus the Workstation Extension which provides all packages from both Server and Desktop products. But that of course has a higher subcription cost than SLED.

Using a package from openSUSE Leap 15.1 could be a workaround that might work for you.

[QUOTE]
And i got another missing dependency with filezilla, i already have it with displaycal…

Also

>>> sudo zypper in filezilla                                                                                                         

Problem: libwx_baseu-suse.so.3()(64bit) benötigt von filezilla-3.31.0-bp151.3.1.x86_64 wird nirgends zur Verfügung gestellt          
 Lösung 1: filezilla-3.31.0-bp151.3.1.x86_64 nicht installieren
 Lösung 2: filezilla-3.31.0-bp151.3.1.x86_64 durch Ignorieren einiger Abhängigkeiten brechen                                         

Wählen Sie aus den obigen Lösungen mittels Nummer oder brechen Sie (a)b [1/2/a/d/?] (a): a

mj[/QUOTE]

libwx_base-suse is also part of the Server-Applications module

Best Regards,

Scott

Hello and thank you for that explanation.

with kind regards

mj