mount domain windows share onto non domain liux box

hello - I’m trying to mount a writable windows share (domain) onto a suse linux 12 box that is not on the domain. I successfully mounted the share using mount -t cifs //servername/share /linuxdirectory/folder -o credentials=/root/usernamel,uid=1004,gid=100,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,rw,noperm,nodfs,iocharset=utf8,nounix

i can’t however write to that share from the linux box. What am i missing? permissions for the domain user i used to mount the drive exist on the windows share.

thanks,

Hi richielisiura,

i can’t however write to that share from the linux box. What am i missing? permissions for the domain user i used to mount the drive exist on the windows share

after mounting, how do these files present themselves? “ls -l somefilename” should show you the details. Are you actually trying to write as the “file owner” or “group member” (from the Linux point of view), does the file have proper permissions flags for your operation? (If it’s about new files, then think “directory” instead of “file” :wink: ).

It could of course be a problem at the server side as well - but let’s rule out the client side first.

Regards,
Jens