My vm is down

Hi,
i have a Sless VM, usualy it’s down.
In the log, of the machine /var/log/message is full of these message:
syslog-ng[1348]: Log statistics; dropped=‘pipe(/dev/xconsole)=0’, dropped=‘pipe(/dev/tty10)=0’, processed=‘center(queued)=7929’, processed=‘center(received)=7869’, processed=‘destination(messages)=7854’, processed=‘destination(mailinfo)=15’, processed=‘destination(mailwarn)=0’, processed=‘destination(localmessages)=0’, processed=‘destination(newserr)=0’, processed=‘destination(mailerr)=0’, processed=‘destination(netmgm)=0’, processed=‘destination(warn)=15’, processed=‘destination(console)=15’, processed=‘destination(null)=0’, processed=‘destination(mail)=15’, processed=‘destination(xconsole)=15’, processed=‘destination(firewall)=0’, processed=‘destination(acpid)=0’, processed=‘destination(newscrit)=0’, processed=‘destination(newsnotice)=0’, processed=‘source(src)=7869’.
where can i verify to check why this crash is happend?

Hi falimrina,

[QUOTE=falimrina;25932]Hi,
i have a Sless VM, usualy it’s down.[/QUOTE]

hey, then cheer it up! Depressed VMs are a major cause of productivity loss :wink:

[QUOTE=falimrina;25932]In the log, of the machine /var/log/message is full of these message:
syslog-ng[1348]: Log statistics; dropped=‘pipe(/dev/xconsole)=0’, dropped=‘pipe(/dev/tty10)=0’, processed=‘center(queued)=7929’, processed=‘center(received)=7869’, processed=‘destination(messages)=7854’, processed=‘destination(mailinfo)=15’, processed=‘destination(mailwarn)=0’, processed=‘destination(localmessages)=0’, processed=‘destination(newserr)=0’, processed=‘destination(mailerr)=0’, processed=‘destination(netmgm)=0’, processed=‘destination(warn)=15’, processed=‘destination(console)=15’, processed=‘destination(null)=0’, processed=‘destination(mail)=15’, processed=‘destination(xconsole)=15’, processed=‘destination(firewall)=0’, processed=‘destination(acpid)=0’, processed=‘destination(newscrit)=0’, processed=‘destination(newsnotice)=0’, processed=‘source(src)=7869’.
where can i verify to check why this crash is happend?[/QUOTE]

these messages are statistic reports from syslog, so nothing special or to worry about.

Please tell us what version of SLES you’re using, and especially what type of Hypervisor you’re using.

I guess that your statement “usually it’s down” is meant as “it crashes often”? What does the hypervisor report about the VM, especially about the termination of the running instances… is it seen as a crash there, too, or as a regular stop?

If the VM simply crashes, most of the time I won’t find proper evidence inside the VM, but on the virtualization host.

Regards,
Jens

Hello;
sless version is “SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2”,
in the log of the vm i can’t find some thing that can help me.
usualy the crash occurs at the evening.
my vm is installed into an ESXi.
Thank’s

sless version is “SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2”,
in the log of the vm i can’t find some thing that can help me.
usualy the crash occurs at the evening.
my vm is installed into an ESXi.
in this VM i have installed novell Identity Server.

Hi filimrina,

are you in a position to open a service request with SUSE? They may be able to diagnose this quicker than us, especially lacking any details from log files or alike.

Regards,
Jens

Hi;
how can i open a service request with SUSE?It is a forum or what?
Thak’s

[QUOTE=jmozdzen;25976]Hi filimrina,

are you in a position to open a service request with SUSE? They may be able to diagnose this quicker than us, especially lacking any details from log files or alike.

Regards,
Jens[/QUOTE]

when i look at /var/log/warn i see this messages:
ssh: auth: conversation failed
PAM: Authentification failure from root
Error: Timeout was reachedatal:status{DRY}
Thanks

On 27/01/2015 08:34, falimrina wrote:
[color=blue]

how can i open a service request with SUSE?It is a forum or what?[/color]

Forums are self-supported and not officially staffed by SUSE.

To open a Service Request you need to visit https://www.suse.com/mysupport/

HTH.

Simon
SUSE Knowledge Partner

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.