nagios plugins and monitoring SLES

Greetings,

SLES 11.1 x64

Attempting to monitor this OS with Nagios. I am running Novell OES 11 on top of it as well. I’d like to monitor the eDirectory services in particular. However, i’m having quite a bit of difficulty getting everything up and running. I’m a noob to Nagios so if someone could recommend a step by step install of NRPE or at least how to get it working I would appreciate it!

I’ve tried to install nagios and it’s plugins from YAST but i don’t know where to go from there.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Don

[QUOTE=donasutton;12295]Greetings,

SLES 11.1 x64

Attempting to monitor this OS with Nagios. I am running Novell OES 11 on top of it as well. I’d like to monitor the eDirectory services in particular. However, i’m having quite a bit of difficulty getting everything up and running. I’m a noob to Nagios so if someone could recommend a step by step install of NRPE or at least how to get it working I would appreciate it!

I’ve tried to install nagios and it’s plugins from YAST but i don’t know where to go from there.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Don[/QUOTE]

Hi Don,

As you are running OES11, have a look here : http://www.novell.com/communities/node/13724/oes-nagios-plugins-monitor-open-enterprise-server

If you haven’t seen it… It’s a good Coolsolution article by Novell, and includes plugins suitable for Nagios capable monitoring systems + documentation how to get things running.

Cheers,
Willem

Hey, have a look at check_mk
It can make things a LOT easier to configure, I can copy/paste some of my config that we’re using to monitor our GW processes.