New conduit map in network.json

I have to add a new conduit_map in network.json file (in a working POC cloud) since the new to-be compute node has 10G NIC whereas all other node has 1G in team mode.

once network.json file is modified what are the steps to follow in Admin server to make it effect?

On 03/01/18 16:44, narayanamoorthy s wrote:
[color=blue]

I have to add a new conduit_map in network.json file (in a working POC
cloud) since the new to-be compute node has 10G NIC whereas all other
node has 1G in team mode.

once network.json file is modified what are the steps to follow in Admin
server to make it effect?[/color]

Does “working POC cloud” above suggest that you have already deployed
the Administration Server?

HTH.

Simon
SUSE Knowledge Partner

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.

Yes. The Admin server, 2 controllers, 1 compute node are already deployment. I have this challenge when adding a new compute node.

Hi,

if you add a new conduit_map to the network.json you’ll probably have to reinstall the cloud, meaning re-run the install-suse-cloud script. But first delete the file /opt/dell/crowbar_framework/.crowbar-installed-ok and “forget” all existing nodes so they won’t be a problem during re-installation. Then run the script install-suse-cloud again. If that succeeds you can start adding the other nodes again. If you can, take a snapshot of the admin server in case something goes wrong.

Regards,
Eugen

The network.json is only imported once on install.

You could try to edit the live network barclamp data with
crowbar network proposal edit default
and activate it with
crowbar network proposal commit default

It might break things (especially when changing admin network details), so it is not officially supported, but might work better than reinstalling everything.