New purchase & ready to go!

Well, this is the first time in my Linux history of purchasing a distro for personal use/development. I have been a long-time user and supporter of SUSE (back when it was a small, German-based distrobution named S.u.S.E.). Although I have tried many different versions throughout the years, I keep coming back to SUSE; specifically, openSUSE. I have both my wife and daughter on openSUSE, as well as this laptop; however, I just purchased the hardware to build a development workstation and decided to put my money where my mouth is and support Novell and their Linux endeavor: SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop.

My parts should arrive tomorrow and then I’ll put SLED on it and configure it the way I like it. I’m hoping it goes smoothly, so I can then install it on my laptop, my wife’s system and then my daughter’s system, as well. If all of that goes well (after another three license purchases), then my wife, who is a GM for a company, is thinking about putting SLED on 3 - 10 desktops and SLES on one server.

Thank you SUSE & Novell teams.

Nice… if anything goes amiss you know where to ask questions at least. :slight_smile:

Good luck.

@ab

Thank you! Aye, people have been helpful, that’s for sure :). The parts should arrive tonight or tomorrow and then it’s just putting them together and installing the system, configuring, downloading updates, installing new packages, lol, you get the picture :).