New VM: Boot Loader didn't return any data!

I have a single hardware server running SLES11SP4, with two VMs currently: one (vm1) for Novell OES, and a second (vm2) for GroupWise 2014. I did have a third VM for GroupWise Mobility Server but blew it away so that I could rebuild it with a suitable hostname that would be accepted when using an external certificate.
Anyway with my past experiences, creating the actual VMs using XEN was not a problem. This time I’ve no end of problems, usually with the VM install process ending with some Kernel problem. Yesterday I thought I was having success as the install finished but then it failed at the VM boot with the error Failed to start the VM “Boot loader didn’t return any data!”. I can see that on my host I have disk0.raw disk image files for my two working VMs, but none has been created for my new VM.
How do I troubleshoot this problem? Is it possible to make a copy of my working vm2, and edit this so that it would become a working vm3 onto which I can install the Mobility Service?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Further to my post, I should have said “Clone” not “Copy”. Does anyone have experience with this? The search I did on this leads to a no longer existent Novell document on doing this exercise.
Jerome

[QUOTE=zexec4;59249]I have a single hardware server running SLES11SP4, with two VMs currently: one (vm1) for Novell OES, and a second (vm2) for GroupWise 2014. I did have a third VM for GroupWise Mobility Server but blew it away so that I could rebuild it with a suitable hostname that would be accepted when using an external certificate.
Anyway with my past experiences, creating the actual VMs using XEN was not a problem. This time I’ve no end of problems, usually with the VM install process ending with some Kernel problem. Yesterday I thought I was having success as the install finished but then it failed at the VM boot with the error Failed to start the VM “Boot loader didn’t return any data!”. I can see that on my host I have disk0.raw disk image files for my two working VMs, but none has been created for my new VM.
How do I troubleshoot this problem? Is it possible to make a copy of my working vm2, and edit this so that it would become a working vm3 onto which I can install the Mobility Service?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.[/QUOTE]

In the absence of other suggestions presumably you’re creating your third (GMS) VM the same as the original two (OES & GroupWise)? If so, it isn’t something simple as lack of disk space as to why disk image hasn’t been created?

HTH.