One admin server for both OpenStack and SES possible?

Hi,

is it supported to use the same admin node for both OpenStack Cloud and Enterprise Storage?
The docs refer for both scenarios an admin server with the ip address 192.168.124.10, and also enabling Storage repos is described in the SOC docs. But when I try to install the pattern ses_admin, I get these errors:

[CODE]admin:~ # zypper in -t pattern ses_admin
Dienst ‘SUSE_Enterprise_Storage_4_x86_64’ wird aktualisiert.
Dienst ‘SUSE_Linux_Enterprise_Server_12_SP2_x86_64’ wird aktualisiert.
Dienst ‘SUSE_OpenStack_Cloud_7_x86_64’ wird aktualisiert.
Repository-Daten werden geladen…
Installierte Pakete werden gelesen…
Paketabhängigkeiten werden aufgelöst…

Problem: pattern:ses_admin-1-5.1.x86_64 benötigt patterns-ses-admin, kann jedoch nicht zur Verfügung gestellt werden
Nicht installierbare Anbieter: patterns-ses-admin-1-3.1.x86_64[SUSE_Enterprise_Storage_4_x86_64:SUSE-Enterprise-Storage-4-Pool]
patterns-ses-admin-1-5.1.x86_64[SUSE_Enterprise_Storage_4_x86_64:SUSE-Enterprise-Storage-4-Updates]
Lösung 1: Folgende Aktionen werden ausgeführt:
Deinstallation von crowbar-core-branding-SOC-4.0-11.21.noarch
Deinstallation von patterns-cloud-admin-20170124-2.1.x86_64
Deinstallation von crowbar-openstack-4.0+git.1514972303.c1a29e035-9.24.3.noarch
Deinstallation von crowbar-ha-4.0+git.1513090210.ba124df-4.22.3.noarch
Lösung 2: pattern:ses_admin-1-5.1.x86_64 nicht installieren
Lösung 3: pattern:ses_admin-1-5.1.x86_64 durch Ignorieren einiger Abhängigkeiten brechen

Wählen Sie aus den obigen Lösungen mittels Nummer oder brechen Sie (a)b [1/2/3/a] (a):
[/CODE]
Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated!

Regards,
Eugen

eblock,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

These forums are peer-to-peer, best effort, volunteer run and that if your issue
is urgent or not getting a response, you might try one of the following options:

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.suse.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting or otherwise posted in error, please
ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand
to our posting bot…

Good luck!

Your SUSE Forums Team
http://forums.suse.com

I think I may have misinterpreted the docs and mixed things up.
From what I understand, the SES admin is only needed if you want to run a SES Ceph cluster as a standalone storage back-end. If you already have a SUSE OpenStack Cloud running with the respective admin node you won’t need another admin node, it should be sufficient to install the basic ceph packages on the SOC admin to also use it as the ceph admin node, if required. That’s what I successfully set up in a virtual lab environment, that way I was able to use an existing (also virtual) ceph cluster for glance and cinder. This would have also worked without installing the ceph packages on admin node and directly work on the ceph nodes, but I like the ceph-deploy tool and wanted to use it remotely.
This makes a lot more sense to me, but please correct me if I’m wrong! :wink:

Regards,
Eugen