Pieces of my Puzzle?

Hi All,

I’ve been successfully using Balena’s set of components to deploy an IoT project and loving it. This got me down the path of containers, so now I’m looking at building a couple of small clusters using a bunch of mid-range ARM systems (as yet to be determined).

Missing pieces of my puzzle:

1. How to deploy k3OS in an automated fashion to 10-20 systems? Preferably a solution that lets me add/replace nodes without too much work. Automatic OS upgrades, in-place, would be really helpful as well.
  2. What is the common way to manage the cluster nodes themselves? I’m comfortable with Ansible, already.
  3. I’m going to need to write a custom script that uses a DNS provider’s API to control what IPs ingress traffic does to, a pointer to where to start would be great.
  4. If I have, say, three small clusters in different locations, are they aware of each other? i.e. can services automatically migrate between them?

Sorry for the basic questions, I’m just starting up the curve on this.

Thanks for your help!

A.

P.S. if anyone has suggestions for a small ARM system that has good memory capacity and directly supports SSD, I’d like to hear about it.