print quota via LDAP

Thanks so much. I can start a new thread but one other thing I have been tasked with is setting up a Linux Print quota type server that I can point to the user accounts on my LDAP server and put a numbered paper count quote on each user account. Know any good software setup for this?

Hi gfellerj,

for the sake of searchabilty, I have moved your request to a new thread… it’ll attract more attention due to the proper subject line, too :wink:

Regards,
Jens

Hi gfellerj,

I’ll have to ask my fellows that have a broader view at the Novell product line - CUPS will only do “one limit for all” quotas, but I’m sure one of the enterprise tools will give a helping hand here.

Regards,
Jens

Hi gfellerj,

[QUOTE=jmozdzen;14972]Hi gfellerj,

I’ll have to ask my fellows that have a broader view at the Novell product line - CUPS will only do “one limit for all” quotas, but I’m sure one of the enterprise tools will give a helping hand here.

Regards,
Jens[/QUOTE]

in the meantime, you might have a look at PyKota (http://www.pykota.com), which is a CUPS backend filter that turned open-source just this year (had been commercial before).

Assuming this has to fit into your SAMBA/Windows clients structure, you can then set up your new VM (or a separate one) as a CUPS printer spooler, offer the printer queues to the clients via Samba (and via CUPS to any Linux clients) and use PyKota for quota management.

Regards,
Jens