Rancher-compose 403 with S3 build

I’m unfamiliar with AWS, but need to use the S3 build capability. I’m pretty sure that my IAM setup is wrong, but the instructions for Rancher S3 builds don’t give any clue as to how to set things up in AWS. Does anyone know of a good link describing how to give my AWS user the proper access?

$ rancher-compose up
INFO[0000] Creating service web-client                  
INFO[0000] Uploading build for web-client using provider S3 
INFO[0001] Creating service server                      
INFO[0001] Uploading build for server using provider S3 
ERRO[0001] Failed Creating web-client : : 
        status code: 403, request id: [] 
ERRO[0001] Failed Creating server : : 
ERRO[0001] Failed to start: server : : 
ERRO[0001] Failed to start: web-client : : 
FATA[0001] : 

Found someone else with the same issue. It looks like they don’t remember what they did but that it had something to do with bucket permissions. I’m going to dive into the S3 documentation to figure out if I can grant the necessary permissions.

Doing something else, I stumbled across Codeship’s instructions for setting up S3. Highly relevant. I’ll be testing this tonight and will update with my results.

I’ve researched some more and realize that I haven’t yet found where to specify which S3 bucket to use. I reviewed the source but have not yet determined where this value comes from. Help in this regard would be appreciated.

@r24y did you solve this problem? I got the same issue I kept getting the 403 error and don’t know where to set aws s3 bucket.

I’m getting the same error. @r24y were you able to solve it eventually?

1 Like