Strange error on S3 build

Trying to deploy a gobal service through a stack I am getting this error on one of the 3 hosts… The other 2 are pulling the contaner normally.

Removed (HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘system-xx.s3.amazonaws.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /test-bb998a6626a1?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=xxxxx0128%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20160128T194631Z&X-Amz-Expires=604800&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=xxxxx (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f16d6aa2bd0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known’,)))

Any ideas it appears to always happen on the same host?

This sounds like a connection issue with your host. Have you tried seeing if the host has internet connectivity?

Not sure if you’re running CentOS, but there is a known issue:

http://docs.rancher.com/rancher/faqs/troubleshooting/#centos

This was an ubuntu node iirc… It was accessing normally, although I think there was some issue with the rancher network as I was unable to ping the internal network, but it was communicating/showing stats in rancher ui, and it was going online/offline when the host was restarted… I’ll see if I can reproduce it but I went back to a CoreOS test setup with the release of 56.1