Rancher-HA always show Clustered=No

Hi! We are trying to get a HA Rancher cluster up and running. I have already set up three nodes and a MariaDB 10.1 Galera cluster, Installation of Rancher succeeds without any problems, i can connect to the Rancher Server and even register hosts. But in the UI under Admin => High Availability it shows all three nodes but the column Clustered always shows No. Why doesn’t it show Yes? Are there any extra steps required for the cluster? What can i do to solve this issue?

We use the latest stable version (1.5.5).

BTW, are there any docs describing the internal mechanics of a rancher cluster?

Thanks for your help!

You probably need to specify the proper IP address for advertisement on the nodes.

See https://docs.rancher.com/rancher/v1.5/en/installing-rancher/installing-server/#notes-on-the-rancher-server-nodes-in-ha
There are some built-in options to autoconfigure the IP address discovery (like awslocal). You can see them here: https://github.com/rancher/rancher/blob/master/server/bin/entry#L67-L82

Umm, i have always used the local ip address of the host for the Rancher advertise address. Is this wrong? Do i need to specify the virtual load balancer ip there?

Did you ever get this working? I have the opposite problem in that I can get the Cluster to equal yes, but I only ever see one server. If it helps, these are the commands I ran:

docker run -d --restart=unless-stopped -p 8080:8080 -p 9345:9345 rancher/server \

–db-host IP of MySQL Server --db-port 3306 --db-user User account --db-pass Password --db-name rancher
–advertise-address IP of host being added to cluster

Like I said, I can get it to show as clustered, but I don’t see the servers. As I am typing this, I am wondering if it is because I have only 2. I will add a third now and see if that helps.

Nope, never got this working… The cluster works as expected, it shows the cluster membership in the logs too. But the HA still says clustered=No. Haven’t investigated this further as the Rancher cluster works as expected…

BTW, i used the nearly the same commandline args than yours…

This is how our cloud-init file looks like it might help.

We can see the cluster option activate an it works just fine.