I tried to find documentation on the differences between the rancher built-in helm and the vanilla one that I can install with helm init. It would be great if there was at least a little bit of documentation answering the following questions:
- what version of helm is built-in?
- is there a way to use the build-in helm via any kind of cli?
- will the build-in helm honor “helm.sh” annotations and execute hooks accordingly?
- can we install vanilla helm side by side the built-in one without causing issues?
- what is the recommendation: install helm charts via the rancher UI or via vanilla helm?
Pretty sure most people working with helm charts have these questions.
Apart from that Rancher 2 is great!