restart server for a 'executing /sbin/shutdown' automatic

Hello,
A few days ago I restart in an “automatic” one server HP ProLiant DL 120 G5, you have installed SLES 11 SP1, I did not find the reason. only in the /var/log/ message shows:

‘myServer pm-profiler: Power Button pressed, executing /sbin/shutdown -h now’

Searching the web, I could guide the search to something associated with apci, but nothing conclusive. acpi log increase but honestly I do not notice increased log in /var/log/acpi.log.

In that should focus the search for this error?
Thank you.
(this is written by translate.google)

[QUOTE=Flako000;13615]Hello,
A few days ago I restart in an “automatic” one server HP ProLiant DL 120 G5, you have installed SLES 11 SP1, I did not find the reason. only in the /var/log/ message shows:

‘myServer pm-profiler: Power Button pressed, executing /sbin/shutdown -h now’

Searching the web, I could guide the search to something associated with apci, but nothing conclusive. acpi log increase but honestly I do not notice increased log in /var/log/acpi.log.

In that should focus the search for this error?
Thank you.
(this is written by translate.google)[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure what you are looking for… with the event you’ve already figured out that the shutdown was initiated by a pressing the power button (physically on the machine, or remotely via iLO).

If you’d like to disable this feature, you can edit out the action in /etc/acpi/events/power_button (so it does not call the shutdown script) - or add another action in there to call a custom script to have it do what you want (instead of just doing the shutdown).

Hope that helps,
Willem

Hello magic31
It is assumed that no one pressed the button “Power” was in the morning (there were no people at that time)

Searching the internet I found that maybe the acpi module turn it off (because I decided for some event).
Discuss the option of commenting on power_button script code, but if I comment the line of code, it stops working the power button (and do not want to lose the option to shut down the computer from the button)

What I have in mind is to increase the log level of acpi, to see which produces this (if it happens again)

Thanks for responding.

[QUOTE=Flako000;13697]…
What I have in mind is to increase the log level of acpi, to see which produces this (if it happens again)
[/QUOTE]

I don’t know what exactly can be tuned on logging levels for this service (and the modules it uses)… other than the system reporting a button call if the module is active.
/etc/init.d/acpid does not give any clues I can see.

Possibly a custom pm-profiler (the general power management module present in the kernel) could maybe help here. Haven’t done any tuning with that bit before.

I’ll see if I can find some more info on this subject.

-Willem

Thanks I will read about pm-profiler