server 15

howdy,
so there a 2 sets of downloads for server 15, 6 downloads each. GM and QU2.
I can find descriptions of the QU2 and GM so I can’t determine what is applicable.
It seems one of the 6 are required for server based on what it’s intended use is. (?)
looking for descriptions.
Thank you

[QUOTE=blhayes;59381]howdy,
I can find descriptions of the QU2 and GM so I can’t determine what is applicable.
It seems one of the 6 are required for server based on what it’s intended use is. (?)
Thank you[/QUOTE]
Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
For an install you just need the installer iso image (SLE-15-SP1-Installer-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso) if you want to add packages at install then you need to have the packages (SLE-15-SP1-Packages-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso) iso image available.

Or if you want all products then the Unified Installer (QU2 + DVD1), the DVD2 iso images are the src rpms and not needed for install.

[QUOTE=blhayes;59381]howdy,
Thank you[/QUOTE]

Info from SUSE and files
The first, containing’GM’ in the filename consists of the package set as shipped at first customer shipment date.
The second, identified by a ‘QU’ followed by a number in the filename, consists of the packages shipped at first customer ship, but all packages where maintenance updates have been released since then have been updated to the latest maintenance update. Quarterly updated media are refreshed every 3 months.