SLED 12 SP1 after August 7th (60 days)

Hi,

I want to use SLED 12 SP1 after August 7th (i.e after 60days subscription) will I be able to get the latest updates after this time? Or should I switch the repositories to any other server so that I can continue to receive the updates. I just want the system to be up to date. I don’t want support and maintenance. Please clarify?

I remember seeing something like basic support, standard and priority. In this I want only basic i.e only the system to be updated.

[QUOTE=krishna_988;33575]Hi,

I want to use SLED 12 SP1 after August 7th (i.e after 60days subscription) will I be able to get the latest updates after this time? Or should I switch the repositories to any other server so that I can continue to receive the updates. I just want the system to be up to date. I don’t want support and maintenance. Please clarify?

I remember seeing something like basic support, standard and priority. In this I want only basic i.e only the system to be updated.[/QUOTE]

No you will not receive updates after the subscription period has ended. I see an “self support” option listed here: https://www.suse.com/shop/desktop but I do not know what the difference is between “Updates via Customer Center” and “Updates via Customer Center and Patches”. You should probably contact SUSE sales and ask and let us know.

Thomas

THanks, Do you know which Opensuse repositories we can mirror to so that we can continue getting updates?

SLED is not equal to opensuse so you can’t just change repos to opensuse without breaking the system. If you do not want to pay for SLED updates then reinstall the machine with opensuse which is free.

Thomas