SLEPOS OEM USB Boot Key Broken After Upgrade to kiwi-4.85.30

Hi All,

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

After the upgrade, the OEM USB key, built by dd’ing the <IMAGE_NAME>.raw.install.raw to a USB key no longer completes the boot up. It hangs at “detecting boot device…”

Any insights? Solutions?

I’ve currently downgraded, and am building a new image to test…I’ll see if that fixes it!

Thanks!

node,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your issue been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.suse.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your SUSE Forums Team
http://forums.suse.com

[QUOTE=node_jclark;5326]Hi All,

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

After the upgrade, the OEM USB key, built by dd’ing the <IMAGE_NAME>.raw.install.raw to a USB key no longer completes the boot up. It hangs at “detecting boot device…”

Any insights? Solutions?

I’ve currently downgraded, and am building a new image to test…I’ll see if that fixes it!

Thanks![/QUOTE]

That by the way did not fix it. I have an open SR on the issue. I’ve had confirmation that they feel it is a bug, still waiting on the end solution.

Some updates! Novell has logged a bug, however in the meantime we found a workaround. Likely not too many people will encounter this issue as it turned out to be related to our custom partitions on the installation disk. Although up until the point that this broke, we were able to image systems with already partitioned disks without problem, however, afterwards, they would meet with the failure in the first post. The workaround for now is to boot to a live distro and delete the extra partitions or all of them before booting from the KIWI OEM USB key.