SLES 11.3 + postfix + cyrus. How to copy/forward mail messag

Hello.

We are using SLES 11.3 as a mail server with postfix and cyrus.

The problem is that I can not get working the procmail recipe for forward/copy mail coming in to a certain user. We have procmail as the mail command, but it does not work. I have tried with sieve, but do not know where to begin with sieve.

Any hint?

Thank you.

Hi asbaeza,

[QUOTE=asbaeza;25670]Hello.

We are using SLES 11.3 as a mail server with postfix and cyrus.

The problem is that I can not get working the procmail recipe for forward/copy mail coming in to a certain user. We have procmail as the mail command, but it does not work. I have tried with sieve, but do not know where to begin with sieve.[/QUOTE]

if it’s only the email of a specific (destination) user you need to forward, then Sieve rules are a nice way to do so. They’re typically accessed via support of your MUA and you’d be looking to adding a “redirect” rule after having specified the proper conditions. There are various samples of Sieve scripts online and should be easy to find via your favorite search engine.

If, otoh, you’re trying to forward/copy all incoming emails, I’d opt for a corresponding change of the Postfix configuration. Since this is something that may easily violate local law (privacy!), I’d only discuss this with the proper amount of background information.

Regards,
Jens