sles 11 sp2 updates

I was wondering what the possibilities are for updates?
We have a couple of servers running sles 11 sp2 , but they have never been updates with security patches (except bash shell patch).
I tried the online update via Yast but you would need to register with an activation key.
Is there another way on updating, because I have a feeling the company doesn’t have this key?

I was wondering what the possibilities are for updates?
We have a couple of servers running sles 11 sp2 , but they have never been updates with security patches (except bash shell patch).
I tried the online update via Yast but you would need to register with an activation key.
Is there another way on updating, because I have a feeling the company doesn’t have this key?

And was also wondering, we have sp2 , but shouldn’t we upgrade to sp3 ?
Does suse have some patch management tool to distribute the patches?
I saw this:

Subscription Management Tool (SMT)

[QUOTE=ecanmaster;28788]I was wondering what the possibilities are for updates?
Is there another way on updating, because I have a feeling the company doesn’t have this key?[/QUOTE]

No, you need the key… What you can do is upgrade to newer ServicePack like, SLES11SP3 and then SLES11SP4 (which came out yesterday)… But still you need the key and register them to get patches that are released after the SP. The key should be available in https://scc.suse.com/ if you log in with the company’s Novell/SUSE account.

You can also get a demo key which will expire after 60 days ( https://www.suse.com/products/server/download/x86-v11.html ) .

Thomas

[QUOTE=ecanmaster;28789]I was wondering what the possibilities are for updates?

And was also wondering, we have sp2 , but shouldn’t we upgrade to sp3 ?
Does suse have some patch management tool to distribute the patches?
I saw this:

Subscription Management Tool (SMT)[/QUOTE]

Yes you should upgrade at least to SP3. For example SMT or SUSE Manager can be used to patch SLE systems.

Thomas

Thx Thomas for the quick reply.

[QUOTE=thsundel;28791]Yes you should upgrade at least to SP3. For example SMT or SUSE Manager can be used to patch SLE systems.

Thomas[/QUOTE]