SLES 12 registration fails

Hi!

I installed SLES 12 eval on a VM, activated my eval code and when I use YaST to register my VM, it fails:

Error: Resgistration failed

Details: Invalid registration code

Any hints?

Cheers!

[QUOTE=fasadom;24451]Hi!

I installed SLES 12 eval on a VM, activated my eval code and when I use YaST to register my VM, it fails:

Error: Resgistration failed

Details: Invalid registration code

Any hints?

Cheers![/QUOTE]
Hi
You didn’t register during the install (it’s recommended to)?

Have you tried via the command line with SUSEConnect?

SUSEConnect -r XXXXXXXXXXXXXX -e user@example.com -u https://scc.suse.com

Error: Not authorised. If using existing SCC credentials, they were not recognised, probably because the registered system was unregistered or deleted. Check https://scc.suse.com whether your system appears there. If it does not, remove /etc/SUSEConnect, /etc/zypp/credentials.d/* and zypper services using those credentials, and re-register this system.

No luck :frowning:

Evals include support?

Hi
So did you check on SCC and remove files as indicated?

Did you try to manually activate on SCC?

Honestly I’m not sure about the evals, did you follow the link on SCC Support tab and see if you can create one?

Nope, I’ll check the SCC support tab and let you know thanks a lot!

Ok, I could register a system manually in the portal but the VM still sends “Error: Not authorised.”

I have SLES eval, is it for physical servers only? I’m trying to register a VM running on KVM

[QUOTE=fasadom;24464]Ok, I could register a system manually in the portal but the VM still sends “Error: Not authorised.”

I have SLES eval, is it for physical servers only? I’m trying to register a VM running on KVM[/QUOTE]
Hi
I’ve not had an issue using SLES 11 SP3 dvd’s and KVM, along with registration in SCC (even shows as a KVM).

Can you delete the files in question and delete the system from SCC. It should then show an active code with no system. Then try SUSEConnect again.

OK, it says Qty: 0 Status: ACTIVE

No /etc/SUSEConnect file, no zypper credentials

SUSEConnect -r ` -e : Error: Not authorised

[QUOTE=fasadom;24467]OK, it says Qty: 0 Status: ACTIVE

No /etc/SUSEConnect file, no zypper credentials

SUSEConnect -r ` -e : Error: Not authorised[/QUOTE]
Hi
Did you try raising an SR? If that doesn’t work, post back and will ask my SUSE Contacts.

I tried but I dont have my Contact ID, I’m a SUSE newbie, where do I get it :stuck_out_tongue: ?

Now it works!! SCC is a little bit slow in terms of syncing new subscription info, it seems

Hi
AFAIK, it’s part of your NCC/SCC profile. Let me ask my contacts.

Hi
So it’s all registered then, or raising the SR?

All registered, thanks a lot!

Same EXACT issue here.
Furthermore the
suse_register command is nowhere to be seen… nor in /usr/bin as suggested in some posts nor anywhere else (at least find did not stumble across it) :slight_smile:
ah…
I’ve just received this email saying thank you for registering etc.
so it probably worked but the util did not handle it right? :-o

can anybody confirm this?

thanks

On 11/11/2014 17:14, ravazzololuca wrote:
[color=blue]

Same EXACT issue here.
Furthermore the
suse_register command is nowhere to be seen… nor in /usr/bin as
suggested in some posts nor anywhere else (at least find did not stumble
across it) :slight_smile:
ah…
I’ve just received this email saying thank you for registering etc.
so it probably worked but the util did not handle it right? :-o[/color]

With SLE12 you register against SUSE Customer Center (SCC) using the new
SUSEConnect command.

HTH.

Simon
SUSE Knowledge Partner

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.

I have recently downloaded an eval copy of SLES 12, installed it on a physical server and am having the same issues trying to register it. Hoping someone figures this out.

I figured out that the old suse_register command has been replace with SUSEConnect. And am using "sudo SUSEConnect -r XXtempevalcodeXX -e myemail.address.com -u https://scc.suse.com.

Also, just in case it makes a difference, I removed /etc/SUSEConnect and /etc/zypp/credentials.d.

[QUOTE=ojshearer;24869]I figured out that the old suse_register command has been replace with SUSEConnect. And am using "sudo SUSEConnect -r XXtempevalcodeXX -e myemail.address.com -u https://scc.suse.com.

Also, just in case it makes a difference, I removed /etc/SUSEConnect and /etc/zypp/credentials.d.[/QUOTE]

I went back after a bit of frustration and simply deleted my SLES 12 installation. I registered the new installation during the install and it worked. lol …after rebooting I discovered that I am no longer multiboot. Interestihg… SLES 12 is out of Beta correct? lol

Hi,

I am able to register successfully and get updates. I am also using a VM. below command worked.

SLES12VM:~ # SUSEConnect -r xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -e balakrishna@example.com
Registered SLES 12 x86_64
To server: https://scc.suse.com
Using E-Mail: balakrishna@example.com