Unable to register Evaluation/Trial code 'Unknown'

Hello,

I have recently downloaded and installed SLES 12SP1 and attempting to register the 60day trial/eval code that was provided. However, whether I use Yast, or SUSEConnect, and whether I use my email, or my userID, I receive the same results:

Error: SCC returned ‘Unknown registration code.’ (401)

I have attempted this with 2 different evaluation codes, same results for both. When attempting to Manually Activate a subscription through ssc.suse.com neither code returns as valid either.

I’m very new to Linux in general, but the process for RHEL registration was fairly straight forward. I’m doing this as a comparative installation for an application I need to install and test. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

[QUOTE=t1mbmart1n;33489]Hello,

I have recently downloaded and installed SLES 12SP1 and attempting to register the 60day trial/eval code that was provided. However, whether I use Yast, or SUSEConnect, and whether I use my email, or my userID, I receive the same results:

Error: SCC returned ‘Unknown registration code.’ (401)

I have attempted this with 2 different evaluation codes, same results for both. When attempting to Manually Activate a subscription through ssc.suse.com neither code returns as valid either.

I’m very new to Linux in general, but the process for RHEL registration was fairly straight forward. I’m doing this as a comparative installation for an application I need to install and test. Any assistance would be most appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Hi
The manual activation should work… when you logged in for the download and evaluation key it’s the same as the SCC account?

I’ve asked my SUSE Contacts to see if there are any known issues with the evaluation codes.

Yes, same login account used to request download/activation code that is tied to scc.suse.com.

Hi
There can be some issues with the backend of SCC with key generation. I’ve sent you a PM requesting details and where to send :wink:

Hi, Ive been getting the same its driving me crazy 10 codes all failed…
How on earth do you get valid codes for this thing? Its looking like Redhat instead of this nonsense…

[QUOTE=pedalit1;34256]Hi, Ive been getting the same its driving me crazy 10 codes all failed…
How on earth do you get valid codes for this thing? Its looking like Redhat instead of this nonsense…[/QUOTE]

I had to reach out to Hans van den Heuvel at for assistance.

On 12/09/16 18:14, t1mbmart1n wrote:
[COLOR=blue]

I had to reach out to Hans van den Heuvel at
for assistance.[/COLOR]

Rather than contact individuals who may (or may not) be able to help I
suggest you contact entitlements@suse.com for issues relating to SUSE
Customer Center (SCC).

HTH.

Simon
SUSE Knowledge Partner

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.

Edited two messages to remove email address. Please don’t list someone else’s email address in a forum thread to maintain their privacy. thanks.