SLES 15 - GNOME users beware

It appears that SUSE maybe abandoning GNOME - SLES 15 GNOME has only the very basic setup. No longer can you change the layout, scalling or theme like you could in SLES 12. Also miss the right click to call up a terminal.

Looking into what other options maybe available like KDE.

Hi
Hmmm, that seems to be FUD? I have my SLES 15 with workstation
extension themed out no problem?

Right-click in Nautilus offers open in terminal…

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SLES 15 | GNOME Shell 3.26.2 | 4.12.14-23-default
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

You maybe correct, I found that the gnome-tweak-tool is still there (just hidden - no longer in settings that I see) Once I started it up I was able to configure the desktop like we have it in SLES 12.

As for the workstation extensions does that require an additional license ? I’ll look in to the workstations extensions and see whats available.

Thank you

[QUOTE=cisaksen;53652]You maybe correct, I found that the gnome-tweak-tool is still there (just hidden - no longer in settings that I see) Once I started it up I was able to configure the desktop like we have it in SLES 12.

As for the workstation extensions does that require an additional license ? I’ll look in to the workstations extensions and see whats available.

Thank you[/QUOTE]
Hi
Yes WE is an extra registration code;
https://www.suse.com/products/workstation-extension/

If you run SUSE --list-extensions it will show the free ones and ones requiring an additional registration code :wink:

On 24/07/18 22:54, malcolmlewis wrote:
[color=blue]

If you run SUSE --list-extensions it will show the free ones and ones
requiring an additional registration code ;)[/color]

“SUSEConnect --list-extensions” will work better … :wink:

HTH.

Simon
SUSE Knowledge Partner

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.