SLES11 on Hyper-V: Kernel Panic on installation/boot

Hello, I installed SLES11 32 bit (Kernel 2.6.32.54-0.3-default) virtualized on Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V (Server HP ProLiant DL180 G6 with Intel Xeon Quad-Core E5606 2.13GHz) and all works perfectly without any problem.

Now I’m trying to install same SLES versione (same DVD) virtualized on Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V (Server HP ProLiant DL165 G7 with AMD Opteron 6128 2GHz) and I always get a “Kernel panic” while trying to install, on boot.
I tryed to change parameters of Hyper-V processor and I did many changes but no way to install it; I’m not Linux/SuSE expert…

I tryed with 1024 and 2048 Gb of RAM; and I tryed to install with Failsafe option: with that installation starts, and you can fully complete it, when I restart system to begin using I always get the same “Kernel panic” booting from hardisk.

Thanks a lot for the support.
Genik

Anyone got this issue? Thanks.

Hi Genik,

Long time that i do not use Hyper-V (Stick to vmware esxi 5.1)

Did you remove Hyper-V or other Guest tools and re installed them from scratch?
Did you check NTP and clock behaviour.

The stack message are reference hv_* drivers

You should run linux in single mode, remove all guest tools reboot and re-install guest tools from current Hyper-V servers

Best Regards,
Sérgio Machado

[QUOTE=Genik_IT;14052]Hello, I installed SLES11 32 bit (Kernel 2.6.32.54-0.3-default) virtualized on Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V (Server HP ProLiant DL180 G6 with Intel Xeon Quad-Core E5606 2.13GHz) and all works perfectly without any problem.

Now I’m trying to install same SLES versione (same DVD) virtualized on Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V (Server HP ProLiant DL165 G7 with AMD Opteron 6128 2GHz) and I always get a “Kernel panic” while trying to install, on boot.
I tryed to change parameters of Hyper-V processor and I did many changes but no way to install it; I’m not Linux/SuSE expert…

I tryed with 1024 and 2048 Gb of RAM; and I tryed to install with Failsafe option: with that installation starts, and you can fully complete it, when I restart system to begin using I always get the same “Kernel panic” booting from hardisk.

Thanks a lot for the support.
Genik[/QUOTE]

Hi Genik,

Many of the Knowledge Partners who might be able to help rely on NNTP. Because of some issues with our NNTP servers, your post may not have been captured. This post should allow NNTP users to see your question.