SLES11 strange behaviour with YaST after dup to SP2

Hi all,

Today I found the time to upgrade my SLES11 SP XEN Server to SP2. The serious stuff went well, all of my domUs are up and running. There is one strange thing about YaST (QT and ncurses) and some other ncurses based packages, however.

When starting YaST (QT) locally or over nxclient everything seems to work. But as soon as I quit a module (Partitioner, for Example) it pops up again, starting from scratch. The same happens when I try to start ncurses based yast modules over ssh connection. I have to kill the processes which is not what I want to do on a production machine.

Any help, any infos where to look?

Thanks in advance

Tom.

[QUOTE=sysworx;4682]Hi all,

Today I found the time to upgrade my SLES11 SP XEN Server to SP2. The serious stuff went well, all of my domUs are up and running. There is one strange thing about YaST (QT and ncurses) and some other ncurses based packages, however.

When starting YaST (QT) locally or over nxclient everything seems to work. But as soon as I quit a module (Partitioner, for Example) it pops up again, starting from scratch. The same happens when I try to start ncurses based yast modules over ssh connection. I have to kill the processes which is not what I want to do on a production machine.

Any help, any infos where to look?

Thanks in advance

Tom.[/QUOTE]

Hi Tom,

How did you exactly do the upgrade to SP2?

One thing to check is that the server is still correctly registered and has update repositories added for SP2? Could be there are still post SP2 patches that are needed?

Also, does this behavior also occur on the direct console of the server?

Cheers,
Willem

Willem, hi … and thanks for the reply.

I did the Upgrade according to this Howto: http://doc.opensuse.org/products/draft/SLES/SLES-deployment_sd_draft/cha.update.sle.html#sec.update.sle11spx

I used the zypper method, though since I normally don’t have X11 running on servers.
Registration seems to be ok and appart of libqt4-sql-mysql the Installation is up to date.

I checked the behaviour locally on consoles and then again over ssh and nxviewer (YaST2-qt).
Even after a reboot I get still the same behaviour; YaST2 modules tend to restart after terminating them.
When starting one of the modules on runlevel 5 (KDE) they tend to stay in foreground.

Thanks for any idea.

Tom