SMT Client (SUSE 12) cannot register

Hello Support

i have Problem about server client (SUSE 12) cannot register to SMT Server not done?
Could you please fix it up :frowning:
**server suse12 for SAP SP2<== SMT server : SMT current can connect to SUSE ok
**Client suse 12 for SAP SP2<== client

1. after i run script i found error "Error :SCC returned ‘Product not (fully) mirrored on this server’ (422) "
    ./ClientSetup4SMT.sh --host smtserver.xxx.co.th --regcert http://smtserver.xxx.co.th/smt.cert

Do you accept this certificate ?[y/n] y
CLient setup finished

Start the registration now ? [y/n] y
/usr/bin/SUSEConnect --write-config --url https://smtserver.xxx.co.th
Error :SCC returned ‘Product not (fully) mirrored on this server’ (422) <=== Error

1. i try add repo from smt server to client and test install patch . it is work.
    this is cli ==>client1#zypper as -n sle-12-update -t rpm-md http://smtserver.xxx.co.th/repo/full/suse/xxxx/xxxx

thk you

Hi vmad,

Hello Support

just for the records: This is the SUSE forums, where volunteers, typically fellow users, try to help out. This is no official support channel - please open a service request to get formal support from SUSE.

Could you please fix it up

no, but I’ll try to help you to fix it up :slight_smile:

‘Product not (fully) mirrored on this server’ (422)

so… is it fully mirrored on the SMT server? When it comes to RPMs, SMT is not a proxy, but a “cache” - you need to tell SMT which products to mirror from the SUSE servers. The content of these mirrors then are made available to the registered clients. So if you (for instance) have an HAE add-on on your SLES12 SPx client, you’ll need to select the proper repositories (product, level and hardware architecture) within the SMT administration and then start to mirror the files (or wait until cron has done that for you, like it will for future sync runs).

Regards,
J

Hi jmozdzen

Thank you for support.

1. SMT Server myself. Current Configure Mirror done. but after client register or SUSEConnect . Client still show message “Product not (fully) mirrored on this server’ (422)”

.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Mirror? | ID | Type | Name | Target | Description | Can be Mirrored | Staging |
±--------±—±-----±--------------------------------±--------------±--------------------------------------------------±----------------±--------+
| Yes | 1 | nu | SLE-12-SP2-SAP-Updates | sle-12-x86_64 | SLE-12-SP2-SAP-Updates for sle-12-x86_64 | Yes | Yes |
| Yes | 2 | nu | SLE12-SP2-SAP-Installer-Updates | sle-12-x86_64 | SLE12-SP2-SAP-Installer-Updates for sle-12-x86_64 | Yes | Yes |
| Yes | 3 | nu | SLE12-SP2-SAP-Pool | sle-12-x86_64 | SLE12-SP2-SAP-Pool for sle-12-x86_64 | Yes | No |
| Yes | 4 | nu | SLES12-SP2-Installer-Updates | sle-12-x86_64 | SLES12-SP2-Installer-Updates for sle-12-x86_64 | No | No |
| Yes | 5 | nu | SLES12-SP2-Pool | sle-12-x86_64 | SLES12-SP2-Pool for sle-12-x86_64 | Yes | Yes |
| Yes | 6 | nu | SLES12-SP2-Source-Pool | sle-12-x86_64 | SLES12-SP2-Source-Pool for sle-12-x86_64 | Yes | No |
| Yes | 7 | nu | SLES12-SP2-Updates | sle-12-x86_64 | SLES12-SP2-Updates for sle-12-x86_64 | Yes | Yes |
| Yes | 8 | nu | SLES12-Updates | sle-12-x86_64 | SLES12-Updates for sle-12-x86_64 | Yes | No |
‘---------±—±-----±--------------------------------±--------------±--------------------------------------------------±----------------±--------’

1. i have Question ? if SMT Server solv done . The Repository from Client will show same repository as SMT Server right ? or i must add manual repository .

Hi vmad,

have you ever tried to run “smt-mirror” on the SMT server’s command line and/or checked the mirroring logs? Maybe (for whatever reason) mirroring was actually incomplete?

if SMT Server solv done . The Repository from Client will show same repository as SMT Server right ? or i must add manual repository .

Neither - “zypper lr -d” on the client, after successfully registering with the SMT server, should show the repositoires served by the SMT server. Setting this up is part of the registration process.
The same command, run on the SMT server, may show completely different repositories, unless you have set up that machine to be a client to the SMT service running on the same machine. SMT service per se is independent from the zypp repository setup of the machine running the SMT service.

Regards,
J