SMT server on PPC?

Hi,

After some troubles, I managed to download two ISO files for SMT addon product, but to my great suprise (and disappointment) I’ve found no server packages for PPC64 platform.
So here comes questions:

Is SMT server supported on PPC64 (preferrably SLES 11SP4), and I mistkely downloaded wrong platform media ?
I have only limited number of licenses for PPC platform. In case I need to host it on x86, can I have it on OpenSuse to serve my big HANA LPARs?
Within next few months I’ll be moving to SLES12 PPC64LE platform. Does it support SMT server installation?

regards
marcin

Hello Marcin,

I have reordered your questions for a better flow of my answers.

Is SMT server supported on PPC64 (preferrably SLES 11SP4), and I mistkely downloaded wrong platform media ?
A: No.

Within next few months I’ll be moving to SLES12 PPC64LE platform. Does it support SMT server installation?
A: Yes. The smt packages are included in the SLES12 installation media.

I have only limited number of licenses for PPC platform. In case I need to host it on x86, can I have it on OpenSuse to serve my big HANA LPARs?
A: SMT is not available on OpenSUSE. If your SLES subscriptions are active then you should be able to start a new LPAR with SLES12 (preferably SLES12 SP2) to install and run SMT along side your SLES11 SP4 LPARs. You should have access to both SLES11 SP4 and SLES12 SPx update repos with an active SLES for IBM Power Systems subscription.

Mike

Thanks!
All clear, now I’m going to have some fun with SLES 12 :slight_smile:
marcin