SuSE 12 - create new vm

Hi,

Running SUSE 12 in XEN mode.
I have a number of VM’s running Windoze and SuSE11sp3 with and without OES. These were all imported into the system and are working perfectly.

I am trying to create a new VM but after clicking the button, the next option “Local installation media” and “Network Boot PXE” are greyed out.
“Network Install” and “Import” are selectable.

I have tried FTP and NFS as a repository but then the installation complains about no repository. I have already configure both FTP, NFS and Local ISO as repositories.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Regards
John

John,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your issue been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.suse.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your SUSE Forums Team
http://forums.suse.com

Thank you “Automatic Reply” but you are not much help.

So, I connected to the SuSE site and downloaded a gizillion patches, rpms and other such stuff, install, deployed, and destroyed more stuff, restarted, rebooted and fiddled around but still no joy. Eventually hit the system with a sledgehammer and I was then able to created a new SLES12 VM. So things look hopeful. Now to install the GroupWise Webaccess and see what happens to the performance.

John (still dazed and confused) Gill

Hi John,

could you please share model and your source for that sledgehammer? Seems like it could come in handy around here, too :wink:

Regards,
Jens

[QUOTE=jmozdzen;29704]Hi John,

could you please share model and your source for that sledgehammer? Seems like it could come in handy around here, too ;)[/QUOTE]

just kidding… of course I have my own here right by my side - but we’re not allowed to publicly give that advice, ye know, lawyers & such… hence although we knew, we had to let Mr. Automatic handle your case and hope you’d find out yourself :wink:

Regards,
Jens

hahaha, I work for a clay brick manufacturer so I have plenty of sledgehammers in the shape of a new shiny clay brick, still hot from the kiln.

I guess the lesson is - patch and reboot… just in case :slight_smile: